Sunday 28 August 2011

Time to think, time to change.

Life is sweet here in Anglesey. I have had space to relax and think.
September for me as a teacher is 'New Year', I make plans, decisions and resolutions.
These days, I don't recognise myself, it seems through being a mother & girlfriend my appearance has become last in a long to-do list.
I do not know how I should look, what I should wear.
I have bin-bags of clothes, that I have swelled out of, but hope to shrink into again someday.
My hair neither flatters or deceives. It proclaims to the world at large that I have lost touch.
My weight has gradually grown over the years, encouraged by child-bearing and depression.
I now wear the weight of my past experiences like large panniers, holding the mistakes and traumas of the last decade.
But I am here now, at an indefinable start line, that were it to gave a title it would be, The Rest Of My Life.
I have a husband who loves me and children who are old enough to make their own decisions and choices, needing not the physical sheperding of the past, merely emotional support and 'huggage'.
I am rich.
What happens next is up to me.
What happens next is truly exciting.
Watch this space...


No comments:

Post a Comment