Sunday 1 March 2009

Rocking all over the Road....

I am sure I lost a few brain cells this weekend so excuse me if I am under-par on the vocabulary front.
Big Boy and I went out not one night but two and while my mind is still trying to function as an adult and a mother my body is refusing to follow instructions and is not listening, particularly like a 4 year old!
It all started to go a bit creative Friday night when a friend and I had organised a band Night for the Parents Association at our children’s school.
In the pub on a Friday, many weeks ago it seemed to be a brill idea, surely inside every hard working 30 something (plus) parent there is a rocker dying to get out every once in a while?
You would have though so…but advance sales had not gone well despite me pushing tickets at the front of school Thursday and Friday, haranguing parents just when they need it least (at drop off and pick up!)
‘ Band Night, come to Band Night…’
Still we rocked, we drank, we broke even, the bands were fab, people danced and everyone I know had terrible hangovers surely that ticks all the boxes for a Good Night?




I had provided crayons for people to doodle on the paper tablecloths if they wished! Lovely Mummy was clearing the tables at the end and came up to me,
‘I didn’t know whether you wanted to keep your tablecloth?’
I smiled, completely unaware of what she was talking about until downloading the photos of the night to find that my lovely (non-parent friends) had been playing obscenity scrabble on the tablecloth!




I managed to fold up tables and benches in heels, half-cut, nearly snogged the caretaker (!) and wobbled home (Big Boy had departed first to relieve Nana- sitter).
Somehow I managed to end up wearing someone’s lawn on my heels on the way home, my beautiful shoes which spend their days wrapped in tissue paper, in their box, to be looked at, but occasion less most of the time, I was devastated!
My knees were in agony the next day, a combination of heels and unaccustomed jigging! But that was nothing compared to my head…never drinking again! That’s the 4th time I have said that in three weeks!
Who says Parents never get out!




Thanks to our Sponsors, Girlfriends Ma & Pa and Big Boy’s ma & Pa

2 comments:

  1. I am loving the tablecloth scrabble!

    Goood for you for organising a band night.

    I too, went out two nights in a row and am still paying for it, very sleeeepy. Unfortunately my children still wake at 6am during the weekend. Booooooo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am tempted to say something wise about not drinking but it does produce some interesting camera work, was the rock and roll night filedm in the back of a moving vehicle

    ReplyDelete