Sunday 21 June 2009

Our love has changed...


...it's not the same,
and the only way to say it,
is say it, it's better.
Tom Baxter



It's been so long... the thing is..I had to keep a secret and I am the world's worst secret-keeper. I love a good bit of gossip and as gossip goes, this was fab!
After yet another traumatic interrogation ( no exaggeration) by customs on a 'lone-female-with-kids' trip abroad things changed.
Big Boy went for the extremely-small wedding concept floated by myself with no alcohol or bribery involved!
We felt very strongly that it was about us as a family so it was going to be linked to a holiday already booked. Only the children and two friends as witnesses, then pop off on holiday and tell everyone on our return!
Simple eh?
Oh I so pity those contemplating the full-blown affairs!
Our nuptials could not have been simpler, could they?
Well apart from the ridiculous cost of gold! We went for slightly unusual recession recommended titanium!
The florists! I just wanted simple buttonholes, I got talked into a 'corsage' with 'crystals' ( on pins- perhaps I could remove them?) with 4 buttonholes totalling twenty pounds. Then a small posy for Small Girl (lovely idea I thought) was to be forty pounds! When I cancelled that I had a irate florist on the phone saying I had better come down and "See Me!" I managed to head her off from a complete strop by immense flattery and grovelling.


This is a small wedding!
I have to say Big Boy has made me fall in love with him all over again not bad after 11 years!
Every email I sent about the registry office,or the rings or the pub was received with calm commitment! This man was not for turning!
I meanwhile didn't quite believe it was going to happen!!!!!!!!


Everything was ready pub, taxi, outfits, florist, hairdressers and friends.


The weekend before we realised we could not do it without our Mums and Dads, we had wanted to keep it small but, as the ones we love most dearly, we wanted them there.


We just didn't give them enough time to make a big fuss or tell people!


My mum still managed to cram in a mammoth 4 hour shopping trip for the perfect dress, shoes, cardigan, and jewellery!


The day was wonderful. I had nerves. I cried and we all smiled and laughed a lot!




2 comments: