Wednesday 31 August 2011

Help, I need some Body, Help, not just any body, I need my body...just less of it!

I have to have a deadline.
The 1st September 2011 is it. Tomorrow I am going on a diet. I know it is not good to deprive yourself but to be fair I like ALL food so I will have to cut out something.
I have tried 'FatReducers' a humiliating 5 times, no course working as well as the first time. Each visit I start weighing more and give up having lost less. The financial cost however is more each year (reminds you it is a business)!
So following the example of @jojohedgehog who is quitting smoking with the support of her FB & Twitter friends, I am roping in the help of Twitter.
My thinking being, I am letting down a whole lot more people if I don't try & I am documenting my travails, putting it into print so as to be held accountable!
I am doing this for my family and my health.
The more help the better. Today... @wifenotlodger: So any DIET suggestions? As long as they are safe & palatable I will give them a go....(use the tag) #WifeysTwitterDiet ..and Exercise tips, I need ideas... #WifeysTwitterDiet
First responses,
@wombat37: I used SparkPeople. It's free, full of all sorts of stuff & help. Lost 5 stone using the site. I immediately register, site looks good & is free!
@stickymitts:spark people is pretty good, takes a while at first to enter all the nutritional info of British foods though...It's good for emphasising the importance of exercise too, which I think is the most important bit. @wombat37:Quite a few are already on there, just search entries by other people.I also have a "food" called Calories which I've set up to be 1 cal per gram. Easy to enter just a number then. I've made a lot of good friends on there too, through the social teams. Lots of good support. @parkrunner: Good luck with diet.My advice is only way to lose weight is to eat a good diet but small portions exercise as much as poss>...and don't restrict yourself too much or you'll fail. I lost a couple of stone 6 years ago and kept it off by doing that
@weids_l just cut out bread and white flour worked for me Xxxx hugs
So I am all set. There is some great advice, which I need and will appreciate.
I will share #WifeysTwitterDiet with the ephemeral internet and hope it helps!!


No comments:

Post a Comment