Friday 6 February 2009

Oh I need this...! Missed my 'venting' opportunity!

Blogging is such a good destressor that one could be forgiven for thinking that I have been having a wonderfully stress free life since I last posted!

I think the answer is that the opposite has been true, I have been doing some great headless chicken impressions whilst not managing to find any down time... here I am, new Years resolution no 11 implemented on the 6Th Feb ( not bad!)

Now I am not going to go on about time flying- cos we all know it does, I mean Christmas is still a bright memory and already there is Easter chocolate everywhere you look in the supermarket, making shopping a very stressful outing with the small ones!

Anyway shopping is a thing that seems more distant than Christmas what with the 'Credit Crunch' and me working FULL TIME!

January saw a new dawn, my New Year's resolution to iron (anything- tea-towels are my favourite) lasted all of a couple of days as I got work covering for a colleague who has had an operation! I haven't worked full time since Small Girl was born!

It's a challenge to make sure I have clean clothes and tights! Who wears tights when they don't work? And my hair has had to adapt to vaguely tidy which means I have had to brush it ( sometimes). In fact when looking me over it is best to start from the bottom and work up because it doesn't improve!

Anyway the pupils have been fab and not eaten me alive, I think they like me, as there has been no repeat of the 'Pritt Stuck' pencil case onto the desk!

My home life has adapted well!

Big Boy, while still not achieving a vertical stance before I leave the house, has become adept at clearing up the kitchen last thing at night. So much so, I come down to a Martha Stewart dream environment in the morning and that is definitely the way to win a woman's heart!

All my pre-Christmas practice at seeing the hour of 6am has been valuable as I manage to slip into another day by making a first mug of tea, whilst simultaneously laughing along with Sarah Kennedy, preparing lunchboxes, making the breakfast and feeding the cat.

Where does the time go though as I seem to get no more achieved in 2hours, than I did in the mad 1 hour scramble?

Any spare time I have is spent conjuring up great cheap meals- let me count the ways you can present a turnip as a main course!! More on that subject to come!!!



1 comment:

  1. Chocolate Easter eggs already! I say bring it on. In fact I say let's have them year round - I mean our kids are totally confused with the Christmas/Tesco calendar at the best of times and a tip - buy on-line or shop at night. Three in a trolley gets you to the till with an empty packet of grapes, a spillage in aisle 14 and two promises of the 'naughty step' when we get home. Getting to work is a process in which I beleive I deserve a rating score on my performance and appearance upon arrival particularly on a Wednesday. Any tips on turnips appreciated but I'd have a Swede anyday...

    ReplyDelete