Thursday 25 September 2008

thumb-things up


Why is it hard to do something right??
Today at work I managed to tip the mop bucket over in the toilets, so the small patch of child wee that I was meant to be clearing up turned into a large flood with a crowd of 3 year olds pushing for a good view .
The aforementioned mop then took revenge choosing to snap off at the top stabbing me in the chin- making me look like a battered wife... no sorry make that girlfriend (not partner!) and gouging a small but significant part of skin off finger- look!
Final insult was having to write it up in the Accident Book! Staff injured by mop, floor still dirty, staff will not have to pay for mop. Just the latest in a long accident prone history!
Ah well at least my kids think I am great...or in the words of Small Boy.
' Love you more than tigers, you are the fattest in our family' Leaving me with the dilemma of how to handle this in a good parenting way. Do I
a) say " Yes dear I am a bit fat but that is why I am running and going to Weight Watchers so that I can be thinner and be more healthy..."
or
b) say "the word fat is not a nice word and makes Mummy sad so it is banned on our house."
I chose option b) but then chose to follow it up with this threat when he wouldn't eat my 'healthy' tea.
" You don't want to be like **** at Nursery, have you noticed how his clothes are tight and he can't run or ride the trikes. He doesn't eat his healthy food- you don't want to be like that do you? Eat your meatballs and rice then you can have your Bueno bar.!!"
Helpful hints on good parenting skills c/o above.

No comments:

Post a Comment