Monday 29 September 2008

Today has been a pocket-sized disaster!
By that I mean I should have consulted my pocket sized diary immediately upon awakening but...
... getting the children breakfast, making sandwiches, ironing top, straightening hair ( to avoid washing it) all took precedent!
Too late I realise I have organised to meet 3 different people in three different locations for lunch. No chance of pulling that off so have to come clean to two of them and hope they don't feel mortally insulted at being relegated to equal second best! But they are busy mums so not too sad thankfully.
Arrive on time at school- bonus! Then discover that the class I am meant to be working in have gone to Blue Planet and not told me! Before I can hightail it home I am discovered skulking in the classroom and put to good use listening to Year4.
One of them I realise I have taught before they decided to leave because ' everyone was blaming me' sic . Child has no recollection of me and struggles with his reading- not a good recommendation of my teaching skills!
Whizz home and before I can hoover carpet I am distracted by toast... then rush to 'lunch' stopping to purchase naughty cakes and flowers- only 20 minutes late...!
No lunch ( misunderstood original invite) so cream cake will have to do.
Rush to shop with 30 min to spare before picking up Small Boy. Just enough time to purchase pizza ingredients for the 'yummy-mummy' home-made pizza's the kids will make with their friends this afternoon, ( super mum status nearly achieved after this morning foul up), pause near pizza -base packet-mix before deciding to make own for extra bonus-points!
Arrive at Nursery with 5 min to spare feeling bit smug!
Then told that Small Boy has already been collected by friends Mum to take him to party which I have known about for month and forgotten!
Small Girl also expected...calamity!
Small Girl has two friends coming for tea. Plan to take them, am able to contact one Mum but not the other decide to take them anyway. Lock them in car with biscuits while whizz into supermarket for gift and card. Wrapped in car- not too bad. Arrive at party only 15 min late and feeling in charge only for Small Girl to tell everyone what original plans where and how I had forgotten special event. Humiliation complete. Must remember to look in diary not just carry it every where with me.

1 comment: