Friday 3 October 2008

Time flies but is it fun?

A few years ago I decided I would avoid wearing my watch because I felt it was interfering with my natural sense of time. I also thought it would be less stressful!!
Just recently- in an attempt to gain more time in the day I have taken to wearing a watch again... further to this I have started setting the alarm to wake me up half an hour earlier. This is not yet creating enough time for me to get all my 'leaving for work/school jobs' done so I have decided I will set it earlier by 10 minutes each week!
Where will it end? I never feel like I have enough time! And there is that weird time-slip effect that occurs when you think you have everything done and/or under control so you actually sit for a cuppa and Bang! You are late!!
I am invariably late for school on a Monday and Friday- but I have an extra hour before I leave the house- so how can that be?
Being late causes other problems.
On Wednesday I was late setting off for work with Small Boy. As usual no women drivers stopped to let me out, finally let out by man ( girl-power what happened?). I then realise that the last woman to not let me out, the woman now stuck looking at me in her rear-view mirror in the traffic jam, is my Arch Nemesis No1 from my awful past!! I busied my self trying to look cheerful and wonderful miming to the radio and turning to address witticisms to Small Boy. Then coming in the other direction and slowing to wave at car in front of me was Arch Nemesis No2! two of them in close proximity in one moment in one day after avoiding it for over a year!
I nearly turned back for a stiff Gin! But pasting on my best ' I am a wonderful employee, your loss' grin I sailed on!!!!! Deep Breath!
Anyway I survived intact and now am looking forward to my weekend where I plan to get up at the same time and hope that spare time will help me to achieve some of the jobs on my list that I never get to the end of. Deep cleaning anyone?

1 comment:

  1. Surely Big Boy has already done a spot of deep cleaning today!

    ReplyDelete