Saturday 11 October 2008

Tantrums and Tiaras

This week Big Boy has been working away. And by working away I mean the kind when you can't contact him and you don't know when he is coming in through the door. And yes it would be so easy for him to have another life! But no sadly it's not as exciting as that it is just the heady world of product design!
I have had the week to be a working single mother and what a wake up! Time to spend on my own! It's a struggle not to go to bed with the kids to be honest! I have been setting the watch! Not only to tell me when to get up but also to wake me when I have fallen asleep at the kids bedtime! Then what do I do next? I tried reading! Not even the most exciting thriller could keep me awake, cleaning- the house has been well and truly deep cleaned this week , then what... Internet! I have shopped, shoes, new pan, books for Small Boys birthday, financial advice, medical advice, job advice and finally You Tube!!!
Come back Big Boy, my Love Film subscription lies languishing, unwatched- evenings are not as fun without you!
It's funny I hadn't realised what good company we are for each other in this weird mid-point in our relationship, not the heady intense 'lost in each other' of the pre-children days. Big Boy and I exist in a timetable of mundanities with the occasional spark of disagreements.
Thank heaven for a bit of separation to make me appreciate my life.
Appreciating help and not being a Primadonna- all my plans for Small Boy's birthday 'Dog 'Party came to fruition today. I had been planning for weeks, Lists every where, up at the crack to prepare... so why was I still in my PJ's at 2 ( when I should have been setting up the hall!) A speedy shower- well I can't rush at my age- looking good takes time!
The In-Laws were vital as I collapsed into melodrama trying to decorate the hall 5 minutes before kick off.. 'It's all a disaster, it's all a disaster' was all I could say after weeks of planning!
Well it wasn't and now writing this with half a bottle of Cava inside me I am basking in the Great Mother glow!
Only 9 weeks til Small Girls birthday... plenty of time to plan that Winter wonderland party!! Ideas please!!

No comments:

Post a Comment