Monday 20 October 2008

Worjk Hard & Play Hard

It's been so long! That's because I have been working FULL TIME! As any 'full-time Mum' knows- when you work/exist full-time you certainly do not have any 'me-time' or cleaning-time or washing time for that matter!
Not long now till I am back to the Banks of the Supply List- uncertainty, heart racing and often fulfilling 6.5 hr stints! I am going for the 'short-notice option as my getting up early ( 6.15 now!) seems to be paying off and calm,of a sort ,reigns.
However there was still the time last week when, despite delivering Small Girl to the Minders with Book-bag, Lunch-bag, Gym-bag and Swim-bag, I had completely forgotten to do her hair- even brush it!! Good old saggy hairbands in the glove compartment and an accommodating Minder meant that a catastrophic coiffure was averted!
Meanwhile roles were reversed mid week as Big Boy took the week off to get over having no sleep the week before, it coincided nicely with Small Boy's 'Winter Vomiting' bout so they chilled out and re-bonded while I went out to work- how liberating! I did have to set the Cooker Timer as I left the house and tell Small Girl to go and "sit on Daddy when the timer goes off til he gets up"!
Anyway the end of the week was pretty momentous..I had my first job interview for years. The night before I practiced my outfit ( more important than the questions) and Small Boy watched as I struggled into my 'Emaness' trousers ( de-rigeur for interviews) I squeezed into my power-dressing white top. He looked and said,
" Mummy you look..." No not beautiful or lovely...
"tight!"
I went for the black long tunic look over trousers!
All to no avail- didn't got the job and after the usual demoralising feedback I thought I would stick to Supply...see above...
And that wasn't the momentous bit- which was going out for a girly night with a friend, totally mis-judging how much wine there is in a 'large' glass and staggering home trying to follow the 'transco line' of new tarmac, to prove to myself that I was not that bad!
I still got up at 6 with the babes- but was allowed a brief respite armed with Berocca and nurofen, 2 hours in bed while Big Boy watched the Grand Prix then I was up and in charge again! FULL TIME MUMS ROCK!

1 comment:

  1. "tight" - ROFLMAO! That would describe me in my interview suit nowadays!

    Getting on the supply list is a good way to end up with a full-time job down the road - they get know you and what you can really do as opposed to whether you can trot out all the 'right' answers in an interview. My aunt never interviewed well and that was how she ended up getting a full-time teaching job.

    ReplyDelete