Sunday 5 October 2008

Time waits for no woman!

Ok so the getting up earlier did not happen but you know what, I really enjoyed my lie in Saturday! In fact the kids and I did not leave the house! The weather was so rotten!

After watching Jamie's Army I felt the need to create meatballs! After all did you see the people he had cooking...? If they can do it!!

It was great! Plug the kids into the computer- policed by the kitchen timer, 20 mins, beep then change over ( that is my super parent tip for the day!).

That left me with plenty of quality time with the mince. I am so 'down' with the raw stuff ( modern parlay I believe!). In fact as a past vegan I was surprised how ok I was. It was very therapeutic and the kids had a squidge as well! The only thing was Jamie does love his garlic.

Small Boys first comment was ' it stinks!'

Small Girl said 'I am not eating the burnt ones!

Quick as a flash I said 'They are not burnt they are cooked!'

Well Jamie did say to give them a nice colour!

They did disappear though and 'oh happy day I have some left over to freeze so the kids get a second go at them... Must remember to make it a Friday so they don't breathe garlic over school mates- that would interfere on their popularity no end!!

Small Girl has had a special thing home from school that lets her go on a site a with Maths games. She seems to be doing really well- she isn't bothering me for help! However I felt a spike of 'pushy motherness' as I noticed they had a league table of highest scorers- must give her more time on it... they are all from Malaysia or Thailand wonder how much time they spend on the computer?

Update- did not get Parent Governor! To be honest after the week of disorganisation I had...see Monday! I am deeply relieved! Think I am better as a listening to readers, chatting on the playground, arriving late and forgetting to return letters sort of Mum!!

Must go- we are all scratching again only 4 weeks into term and time for another great Nit hunt! What fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment